Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Anyone remember this man?





Listen to my bass man, he is lavender
His woman is his bass and he is loving her, loving her
Listen to the sounds he's giving
As he is living
True to lavender

Listen to the things my friend is saying now
A poetry of notes as he is playing now, playing now
Listen to the tales he's telling
Magic bass compelling
Lavender

Listen to my bass man, he is lavender
His fingerboard's a highway, he's a traveler, traveler
Listen to his fingers making music
Hear his soul embarking
Lavender

Listen to my bass man, he is lavender

6 comments:

Gary and Susan Mullen said...

The wide eyed innocence of youth
or maybe just stoned? Either way it's one of my favorite picture of The Lavender Man. Still seems like it was only yesterday.
I'm feelin' the No Reunion Blues.
Thanks for posting this one Diane.

Diane Smith said...

The No Reunion Blues.....

I think there's a song in that.

We can all sing it together later this summer or in the fall if we can find a place.

In the meantime, glad you liked the picture, Gary.

Not sure what Jim's schedule is, but just in case, I keep inviting him to join us here.

Rik Elswit said...

Gimme his email address (email it, don't post it)

Diane Smith said...

On its way, Rik.

Diane Smith said...

While we wait for the sweet refrains of Gary's no reunion blues, I can't help but remember the amazing sound of Jim and Penny last summer.

"Poetry of notes" to be sure.

Unknown said...

Oh Lanvender Jim, what a wonderful human being.