Wednesday, August 6, 2008

OK, I rickrolled you. So sue me.

Here's a column from a friend of mine, and one of my favorite writers, Jon Carroll, of the SF Chronicle. You never know what he's going to go on about, whether it's his kids, the government, philosophy, music, his grandkids.... Sometimes I'll finish the column and have no idea what it was about, but it was a fun read.

Here he goes on about old friends of ours and music I like. This one's titled "Gritty Great Bird". If you're reading this after 8/6, you'll have to click on the title in the archives column on the right.

Without further ado, my friend Jon Carroll (applause)

http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/carroll/

3 comments:

Rik Elswit said...

Come to think of it, go to the archives window and read "Habeus Corpus" and "Wheels on Fire, Take Two".

Get a feel for the guy's scope and talent.

Diane Smith said...

Well, having just returned from listening to the Gritty Great Bird, I have that peaceful easy feeling, and I ain't going nowhere.

What a great show they put on! People were dancing under the stars, and the moon was this orange sliver in the sky. Wonderful night.

And for the record, Johnny McEuen has to be one of the best string players who ever lived.

Rik Elswit said...

Envy. I'd love to have been there. Glad to hear that Johnny hasn't lost his fastball.

Yo!!! You out there! How'd the show go last weekend?