Friday, August 8, 2008

Week in Paradise

False dawn seeps in over little Walden Pond. It is quiet now. It will be hours before the peanut competition begins. Blue Jays vs. Squirrels, with the Blue Jays holding a slight edge, but for now they are sleeping and dreaming their little creature dreams.
It's a reflective time and a chance for Ralph and I to drink up the peace and tranquility before the journey home. The week has gone by much too fast, and we're not looking forward to the smog down south, but our hearts are torn between two worlds. I miss my Susan and Ralph misses Buddy the Cat , so perhaps it is time to go.
It was a week of tranquil chaos if such a thing exists. So much to do and so little time to get it done.
Kudos to Bob and Helen for opening hearts and home to a bunch of aging Hippies, Again. For them it's always been about the musician and the music. You have to wonder if it would have turned out the same without their over the top nurturing. Shout out to Dave for rising to the occasion and delivering his best sound and recording. Thanks to Floyd and Joy for the House Concert and the use of the beautiful studio and extraordinary piano. Ralph was a happy camper. Stand by for the Ralph's Barr CD, soon to come. Bob, Harmonius Combustion, Michael Ray,Ralph, Steve,Cat, John thanks for the great music. A nod to Mothers Beach on theYuba River, for reviving our hot dusty bones.
Thanks to Daisy and the kitties for keeping it all in perspective.
For all who couldn't make it, well.....maybe next time!
We are going too miss everyone and can't wait 'till the 2009 Paradox Reunion.....PEACE Gary

5 comments:

Diane Smith said...

What a nice way to start my day.....

Rand Launer said...

Wayne Goodwin...
Guitar player all those years ago for "Tom Swift and his Electric Band".
They had a hot dog lead singer..I think "Gloria" was their big number. Controversy.
Electric at the Paradox?
Wayne did to on to great things and eventually
Australia where he continues as an arranger for the music industry.
He hit a rough spot last fall for the second time with non-hodgkins. I've been in contact and he's doing much better now.
His playing career is in question however. I'll be hearing from him soon and I intend to send him this way.
Wayne is a good friend and a treasure to me, one of many found at the amazing jewel box called the PARADOX.

Here's an advert link for a recent fundraiser for him and his family.
http://www.moshtix.com.au/record.asp?lEventID=20027&caller=moshtix

I havn't seen John Besharian since I lived above the Orange Julius in Fullerton.
Late Jurasiac I think.

Diane Smith said...

RAND is here! Welcome!

Unknown said...

Hi Rand, Good to hear from you! How's your pop? Going to make it to next year's reunion in June?

Rand Launer said...

Things are really nice up here in the Santa Cruz mountains. It's been a fine summer.
I'm always thinking I'll make up your Mt. Parnasus someday. Somehow I just don't get on the road much.
I do appreciate your warm invitations and I do mean to take you up on a reunion.

Ray, my dad, finished up his circle last April and said.."So long, it's been good to know you."
God bless him. He did very well for us, his family, and he was done with this world at 90yrs.
I'm putting his affairs to rest and getting ready to sell his house and his saxophones.