Sunday, February 1, 2009

And for those of you in the Bay Area.....

Also just in from John:


John McEuen, Chris Hillman, Herb Pederson
IN SAN FRANCISCO
Feb. 2 & 3
Yoshi's
8 pm
1330 Fillmore Street 94115
415 655 5600

Chris Hillman and Herb Pederson!... Two guys I watched a lot in those 'early years'.. and I mean when I was working in Disneyland with Steve Martin, pre NGDB.. Chris hails from Byrds, Burrito Bros, Desert Rose Band and has always been a leader in pushing music ahead. Herb's track record includes singing 'with everybody'.. check them out on google. I first saw Herb playing Salt Creek during a break when I was working at the Magic Shop in Disneyland, and followed him over the years .. and finally got to know them both.

Our shows involve a lot of mixing it up from NGDB songs to Circle album music to their background... and their vocals are the best..

3 comments:

Diane Smith said...

I had totally forgotten that Johnny worked at the magic shop in Disneyland. Another life altogether back then.

I _think_ Chris Hilman was the Byrd who had the first-ever Polaroid at the Golden Bear. To this day I still have one of his "ghost photos" (the back sheet from one of his photos).

Unknown said...

Damn! We hadn't checked the blog for a while, we might just have taken the 3 hour drive and gone. To late.

Diane Smith said...

Sorry, Helen. Had I known, I would have sent it directly to you. As it was, he only sent it out the day before the show.