Friday, February 13, 2009

First Star

The first Rock and Roll star I ever knew is Steve Noonan.
Steve is the one who started it up for me.
Steve Noonan opened the Book Of The Real Thing for me.
He showed me the real folk and blues
musicians and traditions and how we could play a part in
that world.
Steve is the one who opened the world of the PARADOX to me.
His insights, his knowledge, his poetic musical nature and deep
kindness solidified my pathways into this world of poets.

This picture is a little after my PARADOX days.
Steve at my house in Santa Cruz about 1968 I think,
right after he got back from New York City.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Rand!!! You just knocked my socks off! How great of you to still have these wonderful pic's after all these years. I remember all you young guys and gals, Bob, Hank, Connie and me, Helen, were the old folks, Bob turned 30 during the Paradox days, couldn't trust him anymore.
Hope your able to come this time around, weekend before the 4th, June 27th, 28, 29th....be there, or be square.......