Friday, September 12, 2008

Looking back... looking ahead!


Howdy-hey, one and all! I'd have tacked this on to your "Remembering when..." post, Dianne, but the POOP/POOF sidebar just took command of the ship! Over the Labor Day weekend I found myself doing a lot of remembering when, and found myself grinning again and again and again. Like the Paradox experience, itself, the reunion was just so enriching... such a grand and glorious time. One thing has become very clear to me: I'd have played a lot less if I knew how much I'd look back and wish I'd talked a lot more. That's reason enough to look ahead to next summer and the next reunion.

I'm glad to hear you've spoken to Hanna and Fadden, Dianne, and that McEuen is already in the loop. That's really great! Hopefully, with this much lead time, they'll be able to carve out the dates and join us. Others will also benefit from the lead time, but working/touring musicians perhaps more than most. I say let's all communicate with those we'd like to see attend... and do so early and maybe often (just this side of bugging 'em). It's hard to imagine that the next reunion could actually be any better, but if even more of the old guard can make it... quien sabes?

Yes, terrific pic choices, Dianne. One of my favorites is the shot above of our willing, able, and gracious co-hosts. My hat's still off to you two, Bob and Helen. - Tony

6 comments:

Diane Smith said...

What a GREAT photo, Tony. Made my evening (just as your sunrise photos make many a morning).

I think your idea of getting the word out early and often (privately) to everyone is a great idea.

Please let me know if you or anyone else needs a Paradoxer's email address -- I have a pretty good list now.

Or, if you have contact info for others we should include, please let me know and we'll add them to the list.

I'm looking forward to next year!

Unknown said...

Tony and Leigh, that picture is worth a 1,000 words, such an emotional molment, wipping away 40 years, reuniting with the great bunch of talented young folks that we had often thought of, but never thought we'd ever hear from again, coming together. What a remarkable event! Hope to have many more.
Next time, we'll have more one one time. I agree, I want to hear about the last 40+ years.

Diane Smith said...

Never hear from us again? Not when this girl detective is on the case!

You both mean too much to all of us.

Unknown said...

Hey girl detective, you really are, finding everyone after 40 years, well, almost everyone. One of the main troubles were names like "Tiger Jim" ,"Roger the Lodger "etc. and not knowing last names, Good job girl detective!!!

Diane Smith said...

Can't remember how, but Roger the Lodger was found early. Still haven't found Tiger Jim, and I have his last name thanks to Gary and Rob, both of whom have better memories than I do.

You'd think someone who drove around town with a tiger in his trunk would be fairly easy to find, even after 40 years, but so far no luck.

I found Rik because, like me, he writes loudly and often against the current administration.

It sounds like people like Besharian just don't want to be found. But I never give up.

D Smith
Girl Sleuth

Diane Smith said...

And Suzi.... she's a mystery.

When I saw the NGDB, I asked them about Suzi Thompson and they drew a blank. I described her long red hair. Nothing. That she had once been married to Gary. Nothing.

And then ... almost to a person it struck them to whom I was referring: SUZI CREAM CHEESE! they all shouted.

But they haven't seen her either. She's out there somewhere. Haven't given up.