Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Diane's Wallet c. 1967




I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

As many of you know, I moved two years ago. What you may not know, and I'm not anxious to admit, is that I'm still not 100% moved in. Over the long weekend, I thought I'd make an attempt to empty a few more boxes and ..... voila! I found the old wallet I have packed around with me since 1967 -- literally falling apart at the seams.

I wish there were snapshots taken at the Paradox -- there aren't -- however I have found Bob, Helen, Ginny, Linda, and Blooming Kid photos from that time. A photo of Norman Greenbaumn et al. in full face paint. And many other surprises (like a drawing I'm pretty sure Bruce Kunkel did). There's even an Elswit Thomas business card and a much coveted invitation to Beethoven's birthday party, which will soon be upon us.

Alas, this computer doesn't have the software to run my scanner (another tale of woe.... spilled coffee on my old one) but will try to scan some photos soon.

In the meantime, does anyone else have a stash of old photos to share?

3 comments:

Gary and Susan Mullen said...

That's incredible Diane. I wonder who has the other half? Get that scanner going so we can see the rest of the treasure trove. Wouldn't it be great if you could go back in time on a souvenir hunt?
I'll bet Norman would love to see the picture!

Diane Smith said...

I know! It is a bit like a time machine digging through all the bits and pieces in there. I told Helen I thought I still had all those pictures, but I wasn't sure I'd really ever find them.

After some fooling with the sick old computer, I was able to scan the paradox ticket and then email it to myself. I'll see if I can get another one in today.

It's fun!

Unknown said...

Wow! Neither one of us remembered that we even had tickets, BIG TIME! Did we stamp your hands too?