Sunday, July 12, 2009

Next Reunion and a Proposal (No - not that kind)

I sent this yesterday: "Pen",
First things first, I'll presume you got home safely and all that. What with work and all, it took me two or three evenings to finish your book. Absolutely wonderful. (I, of course, would've expected nothing less.) I'm writing this as I listen to the music on the Paradox blogsite. It's not just a trip down memory lane. It's an open door to the pathway of our road in life. "And the band played on", indeed. We must make the next one, no matter what. I have a proposal I'd like to make to everyone, that somehow, we consider finding a way to put on a telethon for some worthy cause. I know there's still enough "Star Power" amongst us to get that done, but there's another reason, and a good one, I believe, as well. It's the concept of "Out of little acorns, mighty oaks do grow". And by that, I mean that if the entire theme of the telethon, besides the worthy cause, of course, is to show how one little idea, "The Folkswingers" (how '60's), started at just one club, has led to everyone's rising influence in not only music, but in the greater community as well. By way of demonstration, I would propose that not only the original 40 or so musicians, club owners, promoters, et al, that were involved with the safe space to meet and experiment musically that was created for us at The Paradox be in this thing, to be a part of it, but those with whom the core group later went on to perform with be included as well. I know, I (trust me) know, the ego clashes would be nothing short of monumental (if we let them be) - so what! After all, at this stage in our lives, I believe the best thing we could do would be to "pass it on" by showing, in very clear, graphic (telegenic) terms, just what power a small contribution to the arts can accomplish. Besides, it could be one hell of a ride. And fun besides.
I think I'm going to post this (and I hope you don't mind) on the Paradox's site and see what apples (no lemons please) shake out of the tree. With your permission only, of course.

Your Friendly Curmudgeon,
John "J. B." Besharian

I received this reply today: Sure John! Go ahead and post. Did you go to the reunion?
Pen

Sent from my [her] Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

5 comments:

Diane Smith said...

John, you and Penny should get together with Gary, who had a similar idea -- maybe for a Paradox foundation or better yet a new Paradox house/studio in Nevada City. A big fund raiser might just be the ticket to make the dream a reality.

Chris said...

Hello Folks, I would be willing and eager to help make another Paradox Reunion or related project work. Thanks again to Bob and Helen for opening their home with such love and warmth.

Gary and Susan Mullen said...

"Beavis loves me this I know" Cool!

Gary and Susan Mullen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

Beavis Loves Everyone....hehe hehe, um, natchos