Sunday, November 22, 2009

Quotable Diane

Imagine my pleasant surprise when seated with my feet propped up in the back yard a few hours ago slurping my morning coffee (in the afternoon) with a straw from my Paradox plastic mug and reading the front cover review in today's New York Times Book Review entitled "Strong Poison" written by Stephen King reviewing"Raymond Carver, A Writer's Life" by Carol Sklenicka, I encountered the following paragraph (is this a run-on sentence?)

"Although Sklenicka exhibits something like awe for Carver the writer, and clearly understands the warping influence alcohol had on his life, she is almost non-judgmental when it comes to Carver the nasty drunk and ungrateful (not to mention sometimes dangerous) husband. She quotes the novelist Diane Smith ("Letters From Yellowstone") as saying, "That was a bad generation of men," and pretty much leaves it at that..."

You tell'em Diane!!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Love, Jan & Ran

5 comments:

Diane Smith said...

Thanks, Jan. That pretty much sums it up I think!

Unknown said...

This is just been an awesome week for our Paradox family, Tony being invited up at a J.B. concert, and out own Diane being quoted in a New York Times article by no other than Steven King..... Warms my heart.

Rand Launer said...

I couldn't possibly say anything about
Stephen dang King QUOTING DIane because
my comment would be so
tinged with ENVY!!!!

Congratulations Diane!
Hooray.

Diane Smith said...

Thanks everyone.

As I told Helen, every mention adds up for a writer.

Gary and Susan Mullen said...

Next stop, New York Times Best Seller List and Oprah's Book Club. Before long we'll have to make an appointment with your agent to get some face time. KUDOS Diane!