Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Steve Noonan

Yesterday I was in Vineburg, near Sonoma, visiting my favorite guitar maker, Steve Klein, and had one of my Klein's in his shop for a tune-up. While waiting for Steve to work his magic, I decided to drive to downtown Sonoma and visit Sonoma Valley Music. While trying out a couple of interesting guitars in Gerard's shop, I looked out at the street, a very very wide street, and across the street, I saw what looked to be a guy with his ball cap on backwards and the same sort of walk as a guy I know named Steve Noonan. I mentioned to Gerard, that sort of looks like Steve Noonan way over there across the street, Gerard said, "Steve Noonan is playing in town this week", I have his flyer in the window...... so, there you have it, I walked outside and yelled STEVE! He looked over, then I walked across the street and welcomed him to Sonoma. I invited Steve to the guitar shop to play some guitars and chat for a while. It was nice to see Steve, talk about some new stuff, and clear up some pending stuff. It was just a nice day!

2 comments:

Diane Smith said...

It's a small world. Hope you get to see to his show. If you do, tell him hello from his Paradox friends.

Chris said...

Hi Diane,

Unfortunately, I will be playing this week and will miss him. I did forget to add that I called Ralph and handed the phone to Steve while we were at the music store, so Steve got to talk with Ralph a little.

Steve's Northern California tour schedule is as follows:

Nov 17 2009 6:00P
Ace-In-The-Hole Cider Pub Sebastopol, California
Nov 18 2009 4:00P
Lagunitas Brewing Company Beer Sanctuary & Taproom Petaluma, California
Nov 19 2009 7:00P
Pizzeria Capri Sonoma, California
Nov 20 2009 7:00P
East Village Coffee Lounge Monterey, California
Nov 21 2009 7:00P
Plaza Linda Cantina Carmel Valley, California

Maybe Mandie and Rand will get to see him when he plays Monterey or Carmel Valley.