Wednesday, September 1, 2010

So What's New With You?


Hey! There's got to be more to life than reminiscing about times gone by. I'm kind of assuming we all have lives these days. I heard a rumor that there was some Michaelray recording being done. Whassup with that? Bob had a heart scare, and has a Dobro. Diane writes books and bought a trailer. Steve is managing to get booked in Europe. I would assume that the Girton clan is up to some musical something or other. But little of that shows up here. What's happening?!?!

Norma took Helen's lead and got a Jitterbug phone. She's had a cell phone for the last 5 years and never used it because it did too much stuff, and did a mediocre job of it. And when it was necessary to use it to make a call, she'd have to get out the manual. It was a waste of her money. The new phone is intuitive, sounds great and is as easy to use as our landlines. And not only is the sound quality superb, but there's a booster button to really get the volume up. The biggest surprise is what a cool looking and feeling piece of hardware it is. She got a red one, BTW.

I finally got a cell phone myself. But I sprung for an iPhone because I've been a Mac guy since 1986. And I've used it more as a camera, calendar, note pad, and pocket recorder, than as a phone. I'm just not a phone kind of guy. The pic of Norma is by way of my iPhone, which is a better camera than my camera.

Gayle and Tom are back from Kentucky, and we're booking gigs again. And the BananaJam went down so well that we're gonna do it again. I'm knocking off for two weeks and heading north to Portland and Seattle to visit friends at the end of September, and am presiding over the wedding of two dear friends on 10/10/10. I'll go from saying the words to playing lead in the band. The groom is my bassist.

What's new with you?

2 comments:

Rik Elswit said...

Oh yeah, and two of the guys in Misisipi Rider, along with me and Tom Drohan, from the Gayle Lynn band, are doing a Shel Silverstein tribute at the Makeout Room on 9/24. I'm feeling a bit shaky about it since we have yet to rehearse.

Diane Smith said...

Great photo, Rik!

I'll post one of the Peace van out by the ranch so you can see where I am. More details to follow.

As an aside, the site now tracks page views etc. and where they come from etc. We had close to 2400 page views in July, so if those are Paradoxers, they need to speak up! Or let me know if they are having trouble getting back into the site so I can "re-invite" them.